What a woman. What a weekend.
Nagymama came for a visit starting Thursday night. It was a good time hanging out with her and az anyam and az apam. Az anyam and az apam were going to go out on a date on Saturday. For some reason they wanted to do this without me.

Well, that date turned into more of a weekend trip to a spa-like place. By spa I mean hospital. Az anyam went to the ER for a bad headache, tummyache and fever. Everyone thought it was appendicitis including the ER staff. Fortunately, they did a CT scan and realized it wasn’t appendicitis before they cut her open. They finally figured out it was meningitis as she was getting very sick from it.
She was pretty out of it for a few days from the infection and the associated fever and swelling around her brain. Between a boatload of antibiotics and a dash of steroids, her fever has come down, the swelling has dissipated and she got to come home today. As fast as her health crashed, she has recovered amazingly. What a woman.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Although I did enjoy my time with Nagymama and I have gotten to spend a whole bunch of time with Mama and Papa, I think it would have been easier to just go on a picnic.
No comments:
Post a Comment