Monday, April 21, 2008

How to make a walk really, really exciting


I enjoy going on walks and seeing new things. I've learned a valuable lesson over my 22.5 months on this planet - it can always be more. I took an ordinary walk with az anyam and az apam at the Connecticut Audubon Society and made it far more special by doing the following:



I found a creek into which I threw rocks and wood chips.


Then I found another creek into which I threw rocks and wood chips.


Then I found another creek into which I threw rocks and wood chips.


Then I sat down and I threw rocks and wood chips into that creek.
The only thing that would have made the walk perfect is if I would have found a creek to throw this massive stick into.

2 comments:

stradam said...

Hey Dad -
The green stuff sprouting up all over the marsh is Skunk Cabbage. Really stinky, but really cool. I've never seen skunk cabbage in Ontario... is there any?

Anonymous said...

Now, Mate, you probably know that both skunks and cabbages exist,albeit separately, in Ontario. Being a daily reader of your intellectually stimulating blog Papa ( aka "dad" to your anyu)had to do some instantaneous research into"Skunk Cabbage" to find out whether it exists in this province. Lo and behold, it does.Its habitat includes much of Southern Canada, and the North-Eastern United States. If you consulted Ontario Wildflowers by Gooogle, you'll find some truly interesting information about this wetland-loving, insect-devouring, malodorous,thermogenetic flowering plant species, which never had to evolve in this part of the world. It also has a Western cousin and an Asian cousin, forming three distinct species.