Thursday, January 10, 2008

Playing the foolsball

There were some definite themes in the gifts I received this Christmas. People surprised me with how well they know my love of football.


I received a wicked Brady Quinn jersey from Pak Bacsi. I was hoping for Charlie Frye, who knew you'd have to pounce so quickly to get one?

I received several footballs - one from Peti Bacsi and Robi Bacsi, one from Balazs Bacsi and Zsuzsanna Neni and a thick, heavy leather one from Tony Bacsi. The one from Tony Bacsi has become the official outdoor football as the breakable goods in the house almost staged a walkout when I started throwing that ball around the house. Fortunately, the other ones I received are good indoor balls.
I played a lot of football when I was in Cleveland because I almost always had somebody to play with. I played some with Robi Bacsi, but we didn't get around to those tackling lessons. I'll have to teach him next time.
I played some with Pak Bacsi. Az erdoben Pak Bacsi.

I played with my cousins, Sari and Sandor, and with Robi Bacsi's evil twin brother, Salam.

And even with all these people around I sometimes played by myself:

No comments: