For example, last weekend I was all about saying "kesztyű." It's really the first two syllable word I've correctly enunciated. I haven't said it since. I stopped for two reasons: I think my parents were a little offended that I learned how to say an inanimate object's name before either of theirs and I like to keep people guessing.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9220520261743731134&hl=en
In the above video az apam is trying to get me to say víz. I threw him a bone. He has hours of video of me not saying anything and him sounding like a fool trying to get me to say one of my words. I say bye and wave to people as their leaving. I say kész when I'm done with my meals or I want to get out of the tub.
I also say Nooo-ooo. I know most people just say no. I prefer to make it a two syllable word. I usually say it when I don't want something. I sometimes say it for fun.
You are probably saying to yourself, "Self, why is Máté being so silly about being observed saying these words?" You can tell yourself, "He's doing it mostly to annoy az apja, but also so that when he sees his aunts, uncles and grandparents they can be amazed at how far along he is in his development and his plans to take over the world.
But I am not here to talk about me. I am here to talk about az apam's alma mater and the silly physicist there who claims to have a new theory.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/11/21/scicosmos121.xml
In a pathetic race to get funding this silly, little man has decided to focus on the negative. "We are destroying the universe by observing it." Wouldn't it be just as likely that our observations are changing the nature of the universe in a positive way? Maybe I'm just a glass is half-full kind of guy....I get that from az apam.
No comments:
Post a Comment