Monday, July 17, 2006

Does this outfit make me look fat?



On Friday az anyam (my mother for those non-Hungaraphones) took me to hang out with some other little kiddies. There were some fine ladies there, but they were mostly a little old for me - some even twice my age. Whilst we were there az anyam plopped me onto a scale and measured my weight. I don't know why adults are so conscious of weight. I assume that it's a good thing I'm putting on weight but I'm starting to get worried.

Anyway, I've been putting on weight. I weighed 11 pounds 3 ounces at the age of 32 days. Doing a least-squares regression on my weight from conception, I am now projecting a weight of 358 pounds even on my 18th birthday. This is significantly less than my previous forecasts. I am concerned as the bigger I get the faster I should grow as my weight should increase with volume as opposed to just height or waistline. I am going to propose a workout or a Lean Six Sigma event to peel back the layers and get the skinny on my decelerating weight gain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Least squares regression"? Is that Connecticuttean for "linear"?

Matty. Few things are linear in this world, including adolescent weight gain. Try this and see what your next projection is:

y = qx - rx2

Mess around with variables q and r, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ron Borstein
Director of the Department of Mathematics and Fat People