I apologize profusely for not letting everyone know sooner, but trying to get a WIFI connection in the nursery is brutally difficult.
I am so much like my parents - I like to be ahead of the curve and get stuff done early. They (as in "them"/"the man"/"doctors") believe that during birth I jumped the gun and breathed a little early and breathed in some stuff I shouldn't have. I may also have had a slight infection.
This caused me some difficulty when I tried to breathe. I am not used to things not going my way cause they had gone my way for the previous nine months I'd been alive. So when I had trouble breathing I freaked out and held my breath. Not a good thing when only 2 hours old and you keep doing it. They put me in Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) shortly thereafter to figure out what was going down with my breathing. I've been hooked up to a few machines for monitoring and testing and helping breathe since then. But using a fiber optic cable they took a look at my throat and found some swelling. "They" think the swelling and irritation were causing the discomfort and my fits.
Because it looks like my major problem is just the swelling, they've been able to take me off some of the machines. I also may have had some goop in my lungs that I'm getting rid of. I'm getting better and they're taking me off some drugs.
It looks like these problems are nothing too big to worry about and that I just need a little time to heal. I'm going to have to stay in the hospital a little longer, but my dearest mother got sent home today. I have a feeling I'll still be seeing a lot of her.
You need not worry about me, but I always appreciate prayers.
Peacizzle Outtwizzle,
Matthew
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment