Saturday, June 24, 2006

Guten Abend, gute Nacht, Mit Rosen bedacht

Rodan of Alexandria* is claimed to have stated, "If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace." I believe I have found a way to achieve that inner piece - sleep. Here is a shot of me excelling at this skill:


The best part is that I found a mentor to guide me and teach me the way to inner peace. I consider him to be my maharishi of hibernation:

We started with some readings from the Bhagavad Gita. We then read through the entire collection of Upanishads and discussed the Vedas for hours on end while drinking tea, burning incense and listening to Ravi Shankar LPs.

Here are some pictures of me training with the swami of slumber, the king of catnap, the sultan of siesta, the baron of beddy-bye, the duke of dormancy, the rajah of repose himself. Note how in sync we are in our dozing:

*Not to be confused with the Rodan from the Godzilla movies: http://es.geocities.com//gojirasp2/multimedia2/wallpaper_rodan.jpg

No comments: